I have been dancing since I was born. My mother said as a baby I danced with my hands to the sounds of the birds singing. I danced in the cafes of Paris at age 3 for the gypsy jazz musicians. I danced in the fields and hills of my home growing up and sang to the moon.
I move people’s hearts by feeling deeply into my own. My adventures are of the heart, the body and the earth. I weave my curiosity into expressions of pain and beauty. I take in the soft and the hard, the confused and the serene and smelt them all in my creative fires, birthing complexity, beauty and stillness.
Touch, community and nature are my roots. My voice, my heart and my soaring spirit are my branches.
My name comes from my Slavic roots, An-dzeli-ka. My people are the gypsies, the jews and the winged horsemen of Eastern Europe; people who lived fully through their music, their heart and their imagination.
Through song, dance and storytelling, I create visceral and emotional work rooted in the earth. I have performed, taught, led workshops and hosted events interweaving community, activism and the arts for many years. I have a Masters in Creative Inquiry and Social Activism from the Experimental Performance Institute at New College of California in San Francisco. I am the Board Treasurer for Earthdance in Plainfield, MA and I am based in Cooperstown, NY.
I am also an Accounting Consultant and have spent the last decade assisting entrepreneurs to align their business with their values and to streamline their systems. More info on that at: Green Circle
What I Offer
- Contact Improv workshops
- Embodiment & Play Workshops
- Performance dates coming soon
- Wild Women Retreats every year on the August full moon
- I am available to teach Contact Improvisation, Authentic Movement, Belly dancing, Ballroom dancing, piano lessons and voice lessons.
What I am Looking For
- I am always excited to collaborate with dancers, musicians and artists who are passionate, enjoy improvisation and are excellent listeners.
- I am currently on the lookout for people to work collaboratively on an interdisciplinary performance piece on vulnerability. Remote collaboration is an option.
- I’m also looking for residency opportunities in the Northeast in 2018.